What is Group Insurance?
Group Insurance (also known as ‘wholesale’ or ‘corporate’ insurance) is a form of life insurance that covers a group of people under one policy.
It is often offered by employers as part of their remuneration packages, or by superannuation funds to provide competitive insurance to their members.
You’re in safe hands
OnePath is one of Australia's largest group insurers. In the last five years, we've paid over $1 billion in Group Insurance claims to over 20,000 Australian families.
Already a member?
If you have OnePath Group Insurance, your policy is owned and administered by your employer or super fund. Please contact them to find out about your cover, increase your cover, make a claim or to obtain a copy of the applicable PDS or insurance policy.
What types of cover are available?
OnePath offers two types of Group Insurance cover:
Group Life Insurance
Pays a lump sum if you die, are diagnosed with a terminal illness, or are totally and permanently disabled.
- Reducing or eliminating debt
- Paying medical bills and funeral costs
- Providing for your dependants
Group Salary Continuance (GSC) Insurance
A percentage of your salary is paid as income while you are unable to work due to an injury or illness.
- Replacing lost income
- Paying mortgage or rent
- Keeping up with bills
Benefits of OnePath's Group Insurance
- Low cost. Premiums for Group Insurance are typically lower on average than comparable retail policies. Holding insurance through super can also make your cover more tax-effective.
Find out more.
- Automatic cover. You may be automatically accepted for a minimum level of cover without any medical checks.
- Top up options. You can apply to increase your level of cover by answering a few questions about your occupation, health and pastimes. Find out more.
- Worldwide cover. You can stay protected while you’re overseas, as outlined in your policy.
- Cover during employer approved leave. You can stay protected while you are on paid or unpaid leave, as outlined in the policy.